Tuesday, July 6, 2010

94/179, 95/181, 96/182, 97/184: Namaste with the Bare Necessities

As I mentioned in my last blog, I have been wondering whether blogging was good for my practice or not.  So I took a week off from writing.  I've come to the conclusion that it's not necessarily the blogging that's the problem it's the intention behind it.  Isn't it that way with everything? So long story short, I will continue to blog but perhaps differently or at least perhaps not as frequently.

So here's my catch up.  I got this lovely hot yoga masterclass book (super expensive) recently as a treat to myself and a means to re-invigorate my practice (just like a new outfit motivates one to work out?).  At first, I felt like this book would have been more novel a year ago when I first saw it online.  Most things I have since learned in this year while I waited to purchase it.  Though it's nice to have a visual and there are certainly many tidbits in there which I am trying out and we will see if they are for better or worse.  Either way, it's nice to have a sense of curiosity in my practice rather than expectations!  That was my piece of wisdom from last Tuesday's class.  Thursday's class was more of the same.  My camel and backbends felt much better.  I had a really deep standing separate leg stretching head to knee pose.  I came out of it and saw nothing but stars.  I had to sit out of tree pose.  I just couldn't see straight.  Oh well.

Friday - ugg, ok how do I explain Friday.  I mentioned how last Friday's class wasn't so great - tired etc., etc., etc.  Well, my greeting by same teacher this Friday was "so you're going to do all 26 postures tonight right?"  Gotta love it.  I find it funny I am getting this expectations-oriented question when I am currently letting go of an expectations-oriented class, heck I am letting go of a results/expectations-oriented life!  I laugh now, but this sat on my heart most of the weekend.  My ego wishing it had come up with some splashier comeback - blah, blah, blah.  Despite this, or perhaps in spite of it, I had probably the best class I've had in a long while.  Best camel I've done in a very long time, cobra feeling good, good triangle.  I should have walked away from that class walking on air.  Instead I just walked away with a really bad taste in my mouth and someone else's bad energy smeered all over me. Ylick, bluck.  Insert Mr. Yuck symbol!

Sunday - well, I went to the 10 am class and took a class with a teacher I hadn't had yet and two other people - one who is a good friend who heard my tale of woe from Friday night's class. Thanks for listening.  Anyway, it was a good class and much needed after all the junk I ate/DRANK at a picnic the previous night and my foul mood from Friday!

I ran out of time to take class yesterday with celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary and finishing up some home projects before going back to WORK today.

It's hot and humid out and perfect for practicing yoga.  I can't wait to practice today and stretch out. I'm sore from playing on my new toy - the yoga trapeze!  Swingin' like a monkey :), I find myself doing the Moagley/Bear dance often these days.  Namaste with the bare necessities!

No comments:

Post a Comment