Friday, July 23, 2010

109/202: Doing my homework starts to pay off

So the extra stretching I have been doing is definitely paying off in the backbending that uses gravity - half moon and camel.  I am also feeling a difference in the backbending series particularly in the thoracic region.  However the lower back and the locust posture leaves something to be desired.  Must build more strength.

I'm always a little wonky in the balancing series during the class but then the extra sets I do at the end of SH2K and standing bow are better.  BUILDING muscles in the legs, calves, ankles.  That tendency to roll out to the edge of the feet is strong with this little grasshopper and she is mindful of planting her tripod roots in the sand and growing up through the ankle!

So I am thinking of what might happen if I actually get consistent with this stretching and extra sets program.  T'INK OF IT!

The extra sets at the end of the class really aren't that hard and actually I feel really amazing after doing them.  The first posture is always the hardest but once I start working on it, I start to feel the strength of doing it.  I try each side 3 times in the SH2K and standing bow (because I fall out).  Then two sets of floor bow, rabbit and paschimottanasa.  It's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment