Thursday, July 8, 2010

99/187: Mantra happiness

Some new "mantras", as I like to call them, popped into my head last night during class
  • "relax into the strength of the posture" (I like this one)
  • "do my joyful, daily duty" (a variation on an oldie but goodie) 
  • "let's see where I am today" (in the first set)
  • "let's see where I might go today" (in the second set)
  • "I love myself" (blush)
  • "and hold it" (at the maximum for my day - hold it for 3 seconds)
The last one is a principle I had forgotten about that I am dusting off and putting back into use.  This alone - holding at your maximum at the end of the posture does wonders for moving ones posture forward so here I am back loving my yoga again.  I am going to try and love my yoga this time instead of lust after it. ;)

I'm happy and feeling quite free.

Two favorite quotes to leave you with today:

"Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found it was ourselves." - Robert Frost


"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain, American writer

No comments:

Post a Comment