Monday, July 19, 2010

105/198: I made it!

I did a Sunday practice which I must say I'm not into these summer days especially when I'm so busy on the clearing out of my home space.  I bought a new scooter yesterday that I pick up later tonight, but it took so long at the store that I wasn't sure I would make it to the class.  I walked in late which I hate to do but was on my mat and in pranayama by the 5th breath cycle first set!  It took the the rest of the first set to get the breath under control but then the rest of the class was just really nice.  Doing my thing.  Moving meditation.  Appropriate uncomfortable sensations!  My locking leg is getting better on the right side, but the left is just taking a while. 

I felt a little full and wished I hadn't eaten lunch so late, note to self.

I stayed for the meeting about the competition coming up in October so I am glad I made it to the class and decided to come.  Mr. Doubt was saying "Who do you think you are?  You're not good enough to do this! You don't belong!" but that's not what this "competition" is about.  I just want to get better and this provides and opportunity to do that.  I also am very proud of my practice.  I have come a very, very long way from whence I started and I'm interested in how much further I can go in the next few months with a little help, attention to detail and a little extra smart tools and sweat.

I am practicing at home tonight and looking forward to a really humid practice and stretching after.

LOCK THE KNEE... and everything else in the leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment