Friday, July 30, 2010

110/111/112 out of 205/206/209: If you don't use it...I'm a wave maker

Strange title, I know. Summertime is just not the time for coherency anyway or keeping up with blogs it seems either!

Due to juicing distraction, lack of sleep and being too lazy to get up early enough in the morning - I have not been getting my stretching in like I would prefer.  I am doing a little here and there but not on any time-table or consistency.

I did some advanced postures on Sunday night - not a full advanced class  - an abridged version of postures the team felt would work for our bodies.  I can happily report that I can do 2! LOL.  My ego is not completely bruised.  No one looked more surprised than me that it was easy to get in lotus and that I have a good spider!  I always loved spiders - they eat mosquitoes!  And somehow I was doing a shoulder stand!  So those are my two optional postures.

I had a tight body class last night which isn't necessarily a bad thing but just goes to show that the stretching and staying away from dairy and coffee work but only if you work it! 

On another note, it has been a busy week at work as part of stepping down from a position on a committee.  I have never stepped down from anything in my life but it became all to clear that this position was going nowhere and doing nothing for me, not even interesting to me.  I've been busy preparing the materials for the newby.  Great to know they replaced me in like 15 minutes.  The whole experience has confirmed how easily replaced and expendable we are and how much I don't like that and yet how freeing it is at the same time.  Working on some changes for the future I believe.

Anyway, finishing up today handing off the position and there is a sense of freedom in the air.  It also became clear to me that most people at work prefer to surround themselves with people who don't make waves.  At the same time, I realized that I am a wavemaker!  Not only do I realize it, but I think now I embrace it!  So deal people. I make waves.  I'm a mover and a shaker and unless you want a wild ride and aren't completely happy and serene in the middle of chaos - then you'd best be on your way!  I am no more ashamed of my nature than the ocean is ashamed of a Hurricane.  I'm at peace with my nature and make adjustments accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment