Monday, August 2, 2010

113/212: Getting it done and doing homework :(

I went to yoga early yesterday because if I didn't there was no way I was going to make it.  The pull to stay in the hammock and lounge around would have been too great.  I tried to do a little bit of yoga in the morning before singing at church and man was I tight! I was better for the stretching with my singing but whew!  I don't think I've been that tight in a really long time.  I don't like 2 days off of yoga in a row.  I really don't like it.  One day. Yes.  Two. No.  Live and learn.

Anyway, I wasn't so tight in class granted it was an afternoon after singing all morning.  Coaching session for the competition followed the class so I am a wee-bit sore this morning.  But nothing a class tonight won't cure! 

I am hoping this week to get back to doing my extra stretches.  I am looking forward to doing some HOMEWORK!  Before or after class in addition to running the program I will try to do 10-15 repetitions of set-ups for Standing Head to Knee (just grab the foot, lock the leg and back down THEN the same with a kick-out), Standing Bow Pulling (grab the foot and bring the arm up at the same time), Bow (just work on grabbing the feet at the same time), rabbit (grip then first part head to the floor - thumb with index finger!), stretching (lock the legs and grab the toes). Then spider (get into lotus and swing back) and shoulder stand (proper form getting in savasana with palms down, point toes over head [toenails on ground], adjust arms for shoulder stand, knees to forehead with toes pointed up, then up - reverse coming back out).

I love form and routine.  Scary.

I am also starting a membership at the Y today that I got discounted a while ago so we will see what swimming feels like after class :)

No comments:

Post a Comment