Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 79.5/144: I did my duty

I had a nice weekend off from yoga.  Made a dent in cleaning my house, took a long walk to Castle Island and back.  I had a lovely dinner with my husband and watched a funny movie.  I really miss my time at home.  I did my duty and went to class last night.  I have to be honest.  I didn't enjoy one posture. Not one.  Normally after a few days off the first class back can feel great.  Not this one.  I was tight in my hips.  Pin pricking random pains in my left heel and calf.  Limbs felt like a ton of bricks in Backbending. And Camel.  Not sure what's going on there but every ounce of self-preservation says don't relax your head back. I keep trying. I did my daily duty.  I was tired afterward and turned in at 9 pm.

Head to knee pose in floor seems to be making some progress.  Thinking about pushing the backs of my knees into the floor really seems to help.  I definitely feel like I am in a tournaquet or a straight jacket more like it!  Anyway, there's a little positive there. 

I keep trying to get up early to do yoga before going to work and it just isn't happening.  I went to bed early but I was still so tired when I woke up this morning.  I am blaming it on my new mattress.  I just feel like I could lay in bed for a week.  I've got another appointment after work today and my husband wants to watch a movie tonight, but perhaps I will see if I can squeeze in a half class at home tonight and get rid of that little half up there in the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment