Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 38: Sense of adventure

I had a wonderful voice lesson yesterday  - it was wonderfully random and freeing and it felt so joyous to sing! It was followed by a very good, smooth class.  After first savasana it popped into my completely clear head that this "challenge" does not fit my goals as a human being.  It's not the yoga, the heat or even the strain (And pain) of going daily ~ but the lack of balance I am experiencing as a result of how I have set this challenge up.  90 classes in 90 days and then what?  It sounds alot like all or nothing syndrome as we call it in sparkpeople.  You know if I do x,y,z then I'll finally be able to live the way I want to kind of mentality.  No thanks.  I've been finding myself putting things in life on hold "until I'm done with my challenge".  What's the point in that? That doesn't match what I had in mind to learn how to fit my LIFE into my yoga.

So...  here's my plan:
  • Count up my days of yoga per the days of the year and see where I end up at the end of the year (this sounds like fun!)
  • Strive for a daily practice
  • When I can't make it to the hot room and my schedule allows me to make time at home to practice (without losing sleep) - practice at home
  • Continue to document my experience here in this blog
  • Do doubles when I feel good and I feel like I want and need more practice that week
  • Continue to do my very best for that day
  • Seek expert advice on how to improve the quality of my practice and my life
  • Read the books again
I can't practice tonight and I knew that going in.  I might not practice tomorrow.  I might take a little time to regroup, tend to some things at home and then get right back into it on Sunday.

I'm feeling good about this change... who knows where it will lead... and I like having a little sense of adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment