Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 24: P-A-I-N...

I... have... N-E-V-E-R had so... much... P-A-I-N in a yoga class...EVER! I had hoped my stiffness would dissipate as class went on and my body warmed up.  It did start to and I had an awesome first set of balancing stick.  Felt strong.  Second set - lower back gave way and from then on I couldn't bend down. I tried to round down in Dandayamana - Bibhaktapada - Janushirasana (Standing Separate Leg Head to Knee Pose) and just stopped half way, not even.  I honestly didn't know what to do... was it better to break form and get into the posture using my hands to support my back as I went down?  Or was it better to just hang out where I could stand it and keep trying with my little steeple in place?

Anyway, I am still not able to bend down without assistance.  It's hilarious to me actually.  Oh well, I'm not assigning too much importance to it.  Fine this is where I am today and I will work in those confines.  We'll see where it takes me.  Strangely back bending series was good - even cobra second set.  Ummm... it's forward bending and flat back - whoa.  Ok well voice lesson followed by late class followed by cleaning tonight.  Cleaning the bathrooms on my hands and knees should be "interesting".  I don't know why but this just makes me laugh.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you see the humor in it and are taking it in stride!! :)

    ReplyDelete