Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 22: Loving myself

Loving yourself in the mirror -truly loving - is so much harder than any yoga posture.  I was set to have a "great" class.  It was warm and humid out just the way I like it.  I had energy and I am so thankful for that.  As of yesterday's post, I was convinced that as long as I still had some love left for myself I'm doing my best. I had a strong standing series except one side of one set of triangle but.... damn that backbending series on the floor! No, not really but geeeeeeeeeeeez.  It is always the beginning of the end for me emotionally.  And once emotional, opening up the front side in camel is just soooooooooo counter-intuitive.  I felt very bi-personality.  Unconscious brain was saying "I hate you" the conscious brain was saying "I love you" - back and forth.  I felt like I was being torn in two.  I felt like I was dying.

It is far more difficult for me to sit out a posture than it is for me to force myself to keep going.  I took care of myself and sat out.  I'm taking care of myself.  I'm proud of that.  It wasn't the "greatest" class but it was one of those classes that feels like a turning point for me.  I am learning to receive love and compassion from myself and that is far more important than achieving any posture though one day that will come to.

Love to all... including myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment