Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 23: BAM!



My mother loved watching Emeril's shows and she is in my mind of late as Mother's Day approaches and the Lilacs purple bloom remind me of her.  She had a funny sense of humor and that show just tickled her pink.  I miss her laugh.  God how we would laugh sometimes so hard we were crying. I could use a good laugh. Okay, what does this have to do with yoga?

I had a very good practice yesterday.  It was smooth and I was in the zone.  One posture at a time and taking it easy with my flower petals blooming. ;) Yesterday I died, sat out postures and today BAM! Out of the blue good class.  Isn't that always the way it goes?  You never know what will happen.  Isn't that an exciting way to live life? I must remember this the next time I think I'm bored with my practice or being "stuck" in a studio on a beautiful day and yesterday was a beautiful day.  We are in for a few gorgeous days here in Boston and I can't imagine not spending 90 minutes with my friends in the hot room.  That's just where I am right now.

It's taking the time to enjoy the moments as you have them.  I am not deprived of the beautiful weather by practicing my daily yoga.  In fact, it's quite the opposite.  The senses and my experiences are heightened by my yoga practice.  I am sure the smells, sounds, tastes and sights of the spring are more vibrant after a class just like pineapples are freaking orgasmic after a hot class. :)

To wrap this up, I just want to add a little housekeeping.  Day 22 I pulled something in my left heel when I fell out of standing bow and still felt it in Day 23.  I am going to be careful about it, but honestly I think it's a good pull.  It is connected to my plantar fasciitis muscles and I feel it up the calf.  It's all good but a little prudence is in order.  ALSO, last night I jumped out of class much faster than usual because I had to run to get to the opera in time.  Add together 90 minute awesome class, a minute and half savasana, hopping on my scooter, zipping over to opera, sitting in uncomfortable theatre seat for 3 hours plus = very sore this morning.  Difficulty bending down to pick things up sore.  Note to self nothing is worth my 2 minute savasana at the end. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment