Monday, June 7, 2010

Anticipation...

"Anticipation. Anticipa -a- tion."

I find it interesting that the opening to that song by Carly Simon opens with these words...
"We can never know about the days to come, But we think about them anyway, And I wonder if I'm really with you now, Or just chasing after some finer day."  Point taken... be in the moment.  Your perfect day is the one you decide is perfect for the moment. The finer day is now.

It's been a week without yoga.  I will be honest and say that I did not miss the yoga practice or the hot room.  I can say that maybe, just maybe today I'm beginning to consider that it might feel good to take a class today.  I had an impromptu last minute approved week off from work last week.  I promptly spent every second of said vacation playing construction worker slash CLEAN HOUSE organizing lady working on my home.  Literally non-stop days working on my deck - pressure-washing, staining, using a reciprocating saw to get rid of old boards, installing new ones, staining, hanging plants and gardening, cleaning out the cabinets throwing stuff out, etc, etc, etc.  The list kept growing and now I'm back at work and there's still more to do but the deck looks great and will be a lovely oasis for the summer. 

I like working with my hands and actually really enjoyed the outdoors stuff I did.  I love that I know what a reciprocating saw is and how to use it. Watch out peoples!  I found out a few things about myself during the week :
1) I prefer erasing things from my list rather than crossing them off.  I like the blank slate and always starting fresh with more room to add to the list. Life application begins here.  There is no joy in seeing what I've DONE.
2) There's not much joy in seeing what I WILL DO either.
3) The joy is in the doing.

"Get busy living, or get busy dying." (Shawshank redemption).

Anyway, my vacation from yoga wasn't much of a rest physically for me but today I'm feeling like a hot class with some stretching might feel good.  More than anything though, it is the community of people whom I miss most. I must recognize that it is not just the yoga I fell in love with but the people.

Anyways, I'm living my joy today and I'm sticking with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment