Friday, June 18, 2010

88.5 & 89.5/167: Doubly Delicious

I vascillated yesterday all day at work.  I can't wait to practice, I don't want to practice - should I do a double or should I just get a head start on cleaning the studio?  Showed up to the studio and discovered a treat - one of my favorite teachers returned to the studio recently was filling in.  I forgot how much I enjoy myself when he delivers the dialogue.  He's low-key but encouraging and always good at reminding us at key times why all this suffering is worthwhile.  Ah.  It was so nice to just enjoy my practice.  I even asked him to look at pada-hasthasana to see if there was anything I was missing as I've felt like it just feels weird lately.  I haven't asked in a long while for anyone to look at my postures so that was nice.  Sure enough he suggested something simple (from the dialogue) I was missing that changed the feel.   I love that he doesn't shout out that information and just told me off the mic.  He's really a good teacher and if I ever get to be a teacher someday, that's the kind of teacher I want to be.

Anyway, enough teacher worshipping.  The first class felt great so I stayed in and did the double.  It felt good.  I experienced some fatigue in the balancing series in the arches of my feet and the calves.  Oh plantar fasciitis your notice is due - you no longer need to plague me!

I'm a bit sore today but a good sore.  I am vascillating as to whether to take class after work today or not.  I've got my stuff in case.  My hubby is home tonight so it would be nice to just go home and finish up stringing the lights on our deck and installing the air conditioner since tomorrow is supposed to be a scorcher.  It is a beautiful day today so since I did a double last night, I think I will forego the class and practice at home tomorrow since it will be hot as hell anyway!  But then again, I am a little sore and class would feel great!  Oh well, I'm going to just make that decision when the time comes.  Staying in the now moment.

Namaste peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment